Zzoomm, the rapidly growing full fibre operator, has been awarded the Silver ERS (Employment Recognition Scheme) award on National Reserves Day 2022, just eight months after the business achieved the Bronze ERS award.
Richard Sinclair MBE, who is also an Army Veteran, and is now Zzoomm’s Chief Operations Officer, commented:
“I am delighted that our focus on the military community has been recognised.
“We are working very closely with the armed forces to support servicemen and women transferring into the civilian workplace as well as those who are reservists.
“Currently, we have 47 veterans, reservists and/or family members of the armed forces working at Zzoomm – some 10% of the total workforce. As we are actively recruiting from this valued pool of talent, I expect this number to continue to increase.
“Two examples of ex-military Zzoommer are Allan Fairhurst and Joanne Hitchmough.
“Allan is now one of our Lead Build Assurance Engineers, having served for several years in the Royal Logistics Corp including in Afghanistan. He is also a reservist.
“Joanne is a Lead Recruiter for Civils across all Zzoomm towns. She joined Zzoomm directly having served 30 years in the Army latterly as an Army Recruiter.”
Joanne Hitchmough commented
“My transition was seamless as my manager understood that it may take time for me to fully settle into my new role and civilian life. From day one it has felt like I was part of a team – it seemed like I had been posted into a new unit.”
Matthew Hare, Zzoomm’s Chief Executive commented
“I am very proud that after some eight months we have achieved this recognition.
“We will continue to welcome and support Zzoommers from a military background and those who want to continue in the reservists. They are all a key part of the rapidly expanding Zzoommer community.”
The Silver ERS award acknowledges that Zzoomm is a forces-friendly employer and supports Serving personnel and their families, Service Leavers, Veterans and Cadet Forces.
To achieve the Silver ERS award Zzoomm implemented an Armed Forces Policy that includes but is not limited to:
- Offering an additional five days of paid leave to Reserves and Cadet Force Adult Volunteer employees.
- Establishing an Armed Forces Network, supporting employees who are Reservists, Veterans and spouses/partners.
- Supporting the employment of Veterans and service leavers by offering an internal mentor/adviser to aid their transition into the civilian workforce.
- Actively working with the Career Transition Partnership to employ service leavers and attend careers fairs.
- Employing a significant number of Veterans and placing a high value on the skills and work ethic they bring to the business.
If you would like to join Zzoomm in building the fastest Full Fibre network in Britain click here to view our vacancies.